Bill is off and running for his Spring schedule and I am looking around thinking of getting a jump start on some spring cleaning! I have such mixed emotions about Spring Cleaning; I love the results and the way I feel when I am done, but getting started seems like a monumental task at times! It’s time to just jump in and get it started! Here are some yummy easy recipes to end the week:
Chicken & Broccoli Cups
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- Place biscuits in greased muffin cups, pressing dough onto the bottom and up the sides. Add 1 tablespoon cheese and cereal to each cup.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup and broccoli; spoon into each muffin cup. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 10-12 servings.
I think I may make those tonight! Yum!
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, divided
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple sherbet, softened
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 4 maraschino cherries, divided
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a small bowl, combine bananas and 2 tablespoons reserved juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain bananas, discarding juice. Arrange bananas over bottom of crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice. Gradually beat in sherbet. Gradually beat in pudding mix; beat 2 minutes longer. Refrigerate 1/3 cup pineapple until serving; fold remaining pineapple into cream cheese mixture. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping; spread evenly over banana slices. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Chop three maraschino cherries and pat dry; arrange cherries and reserved pineapple around edge of pie. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and caramel topping. Dollop remaining whipped topping onto center of pie. Sprinkle with pecans; top with remaining cherry. Yield: 10 servings. From Taste of Home!