Please take a moment and share your prayer requests with us today: CLICK HERE
2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land.
Own your mistakes! If you are looking for healing or deliverance from issues in your life then own your sin. Notice the steps that God gives us for healing:
1) We must be called by His name, in other words there was a time in your life that you gave God your life and you accepted Him as your Savior.
2) We need to humble ourselves. Being humble about your situation isn’t always a comfortable thing, it most often means that you stop justifying your behavior or habit and get humble about it by recognizing that we are responsible for where we are. Stop the blame game!
3) Pray! Communication with God is vital to our everyday life let alone victory. Satan is on the prowl and he is just looking for those of us who are trying to struggle on our own. If you are trying to have victory in any other way than trusting God, it will never happen, that leaves you like a wildebeest on the outer edge of the herd when the lion pride comes looking for dinner, they always go for the one that is alone or sick.
4) Seek God’s face, that is where you will find comfort and peace. His love for you is overflowing. Have you loved someone so much it almost seemed to hurt? He loves you more!
5) Turn from your wicked ways! Make the decision, purpose in your heart and mind that you will not allow yourself the opportunity to succumb to that sin again! If you leave an open door or window you will never truly have victory. I heard of a man that used to really struggle with pornography so when he decided that he would have victory when he had to travel he always told the front desk to shut off all bad movie channels or remove the tv completely from his room – he wasn’t leaving room for error. If you struggle with gossip, don’t hang out with other women that thrive on hearing it. Sometimes it takes having a great godly friend who will hold you accountable. Do what it takes on your part. Don’t expect someone else to fix it for you or take the blame for your behavior – it’s no one else’s fault, take control of yourself!
Then God will hear from heaven and will forgive and will heal you! God is an amazing God and He can and will give you the strength to do all He has called you to do, you need to begin by owning where you are today! Stop! He knows what brought you to this place; what circumstances from childhood, the bad relationships, the poor influence of friends and family but today it’s in your lap, it’s time to own who and what you are and give it all to Him and allow His strength to give you all the victory He intended for you to have. You can be all you are called to be, He wants to carry you through if you will just allow Him to.
“The only things that stand between a person and what they want in life are the will to try it and the faith to believe it is possible.” Rich DeVos