Baby it’s cold outside!!! I love soup this time of year so I am going to start off with a nice HOT soup that you can make in your slow cooker! I hope your Christmas and New Year Celebrations were blessed and that you had the opportunity to enjoy loved ones!
Chicken Tortilla Slow Cooker Soup
Prep Time: 10 Min Total Time: 5 Hrs & 10 Min
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt, sesame seeds, poppy seeds or grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide into 12 portions. Roll each into an 18-in. rope; twist into a pretzel shape.
- In a large saucepan, bring water and baking soda to a boil. Place pretzels into boiling water, one at a time, for 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg; sprinkle with desired topping.
- Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.