It’s a bit rainy today so it is the perfect day here for a great salad and these Peanut Butter S’Mores! Bill is off and running across the country as usual and I am trying to balance things on the home front. Later this week I am going to share with you as well about my experience with the “doctor” I have found for this incurable sinus infection. I had been to the medical doctor for several months and had been on every antibiotic known to man but when we get to the point where there don’t seem to be answers it may be a good time to check out other alternatives. For today though I am just sharing a couple recipes because I have a “doctor” appointment to get to this morning. I will be sharing some other grilling, salsa and amazing Fourth of July desserts throughout the week so be sure to check back!
Grilled Steak Salad
Prep/Total Time: 30 Min.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Combine the salt, garlic powder and pepper; rub over steak. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Place onion slices on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Fold foil around onion and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 16-20 minutes or until onions are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Let steak stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the greens, beans, red peppers and grilled onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, basil, oil and mustard. Pour 1/4 cup over salad; toss to coat. Divide among four salad plates. Slice flank steak across the grain; arrange over salads. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Peanut Butter S’Mores
Prep/Total Time: 10 Min (This does not include baking the cookies)
- 8 large chocolate chip cookies
- 4 teaspoons hot fudge ice cream topping
- 4 large marshmallows
- 4 peanut butter cups
- Spread the bottoms of four cookies with fudge topping.
- Using a long-handled fork, grill marshmallows 6 in. from medium-hot heat until golden brown, turning occasionally. Carefully place a marshmallow and a peanut butter cup on each fudge-topped cookie; top with remaining cookies. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Yum, yum, yum and believe it or not there are only approx. 227 calories in these yummy S’mores – I would have guessed around 2,000. LOL Enjoy and I hope you have an incredibly blessed day!