No matter how great the Christmas cookies are I still love to have some Chocolate Chip cookies in the mix! It is such a beautiful day outside here today it seems hard to believe that it is the 2nd of December! Since we all live so far apart I would love it if you all would join me in a cookie exchange and we can all exchange our favorite cookie recipes for the holidays! Please email me your recipes and include a picture of them if you have one and i will share them as I get them! You can email me at email@example.com
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely. Yield: 3 dozen.
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine almonds and butter. Press onto the bottom of 12 paper- or foil-lined muffin cups. Cover and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in milk and extract. Stir in gelatin mixture. Spoon into muffin cups; freeze until firm.
- Remove desserts from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Place the sauce ingredients in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Spoon onto dessert plates. Peel liners off desserts; invert onto peach sauce. Yield: 12 servings.