Fall isn’t quite in the air here in Middle TN but I know it is for some of you and I know peaches should be ready or almost ready! I love peaches and I miss the days that I used to can 4 or 5 bushels of them every year! My kids used to love them and probably still would if I had the time to do all of that again! Today I have a quick and easy peach crisp to share that will be different than anything you have probably tried but it is a good way to combine the end of summer grilling and peaches!
Tomorrow I will be adding in some cool recipes for this Labor Day weekend so be sure to check back for those as well.
Prep/Total Time: 25 Min
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium peaches, halved and pitted
- 4 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat granola
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over cut sides of peaches. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place peaches cut side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until peaches are tender and begin to caramelize.
- Place peaches in dessert bowls. Serve with ice cream and granola. Yield: 8 servings.