It has been “warm” enough here in TN that everywhere I go the air conditioning is running! I was seriously hoping to enjoy the “warmth” for a bit. 🙂 I know, I know, I am a MI girl, but I still love to be warm. 🙂
Here’s a yummy dip to try especially if you like Reuben Sandwiches:
- 4 packages (2 ounces each) thinly sliced deli corned beef, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Rye bread or crackers
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or until cheese is melted; stir until blended. Serve warm with bread or crackers. Yield: about 4 cups.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over chicken. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add broth. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsweetened raspberries
- 2 cups unsweetened blueberries
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick). Spread batter evenly onto the bottom of a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the salt and remaining flour and sugar; add berries and toss to coat. Spread over batter.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into cobbler comes out without crumbs. Top each serving with 1/4 cup frozen yogurt if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Have an incredible day!