I checked the weather this morning before I even jumped out of bed to see if it was going to rain today and discovered our high today will be 92* with a humidity level at 96% UGH! In other words rain would be a welcome sight at this point, before I moved to TN I didn’t know you could have humidity of 96% without rain! 🙂 Crazy weather but it is beautiful!
Father’s Day is coming up this Sunday, please post a comment and share your great ideas with the rest of us for something new and different that you are doing for him or your husband! We can never have too many new ideas after all how many ties can one man have anyhow! Obviously I cannot share what I am doing it would ruin the surprise for Bill and we wouldn’t want that, but I would love to see what you are doing it will give us all ideas for the future!
Prep/Total Time: 30 Min Servings: 10
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 10 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Place 2 rolls in a food processor; process until crumbly. Transfer to a large bowl; add the salt, pepper and 6 teaspoons chipotle peppers. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- Split remaining rolls and grill, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Combine mayonnaise and remaining chipotle peppers; spread over roll bottoms. Top each with a burger. Replace roll tops. Yield: 10 sliders.
White Chocolate Ginger Cookies
Prep/Total Time: 1 Hour and 20 Min
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in brown sugar, 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, the ginger, nutmeg and orange peel until well blended. Stir in white chocolate baking bars, pecans and crystallized ginger. On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart.
- 2Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- 3In small bowl, mix powdered sugar, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and enough orange juice for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze is set.
I am looking forward to a great weekend, I hope you are as well!