I am actually with Bill this weekend and we have had an incredible time relaxing and visiting with friends! I think I have had too much to eat so forgive me but this seems like a good time to focus on some great salad recipes! Don’t fret though I will also share a nice light dessert!
Grilled Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey, oil, salt and pepper. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining lime juice mixture for dressing.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, watermelon, blueberries and yellow pepper; add reserved dressing and toss to coat. Divide among four serving plates. Slice chicken; serve with salads. Sprinkle each serving with 4 teaspoons walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
- 2 cups torn fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, orange juice concentrate, vinegar, orange peel and ginger. Pour over salad; toss gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
The picture is stacked but if you are in a hurry you can do all of this in a 9 X 13 cake pan and it is so easy and very light and good!
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Using a serrated knife, level top of each cake if necessary. Return layers, top side up, to two clean 9-in. round baking pans. Pierce cakes with a meat fork or wooden skewer at 1/2-in. intervals.
- Drain juice from strawberries into a 2-cup measuring cup; refrigerate berries. Add water to juice to measure 2 cups; pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Chill for 30 minutes. Gently spoon over each cake layer. Chill for 2-3 hours.
- Dip bottom of one pan in warm water for 10 seconds. Invert cake onto a serving platter. Top with reserved strawberries and 1 cup whipped topping. Place second cake layer over topping.
- Frost cake with remaining whipped topping. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with fresh berries if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
I hope you all have a great week and please think about taking the time to share our Chocolate and God Devo’s with a friend to grow our community of women!